Configuring H5py with mpio using Anaconda on Windows

Viewed 1553

I want to create an h5 file, in order to do that, in my case, the different process has to read separately file, and attach some value to a column of the common dataset.

I was thinking to do It by using, mpio and h5py through python, and the interpreter is a conda environment. But when I try to launch a simple program like this one: (as shown in the doc-site:http://docs.h5py.org/en/stable/mpi.html)

from mpi4py import MPI
import h5py

rank = MPI.COMM_WORLD.rank  # The process ID (integer 0-3 for 4-process run)

f = h5py.File('parallel_test.hdf5', 'w', driver='mpio', comm=MPI.COMM_WORLD)

dset = f.create_dataset('test', (4,), dtype='i')
dset[rank] = rank

f.close()

I got Always this error:

AttributeError: 'h5py.h5p.PropFAID' object has no attribute 'set_fapl_mpio'

In the Anaconda environment I installed:

conda install h5py
conda install mpio

What I would like to know Is, if Is It possible to do such kind of configuration on Windows, or how this error can be solved.

1 Answers

I have been looking for a clean way of installing h5py with MPI support using conda and the following worked for me:

conda install -c conda-forge "h5py>=2.9=mpi*"

I found it in this GitHub discussion: https://github.com/conda-forge/h5py-feedstock/issues/44

I have not been able to specifically test it on Windows, though.

Related