PostgreSql PgAdmin4 Debug

Viewed 1346

I tried to configure PgAdmin4 to use debug, following the manual, but something did not work, because an error as shown in this screenshot occurs:

enter image description here

I changed postgresql.conf to:

shared_preload_libraries = ‘$ libdir / other_libraries / plugin_debugger’

How should I install the requested pldbgapi extension on Linux / Ubuntu?

Thanks for any help.

1 Answers

To install an extension in a particular database, as it's requesting here, you need to either use the CREATE EXTENSION command in that database, or use PgAdmin 4's interface to install it.

Command method: Through whichever tool you wish, where you enter regular SQL commands, connect to the relevant database in question and run:

CREATE EXTENSION pldbgapi;

Or, in PgAdmin 4, open up the nodes for the database you want to install this extension for, right-click on "Extensions", then select Create > Extension... Now select pldbgapi from the drop-down list next to "Name" and click "Save".

You will need to repeat this process if you need the extension in additional databases within your cluster.

Disclosure: I am an EnterpriseDB (EDB) employee

Related