Flutter unable to load image asset on physical device (but loading it just fine on the emulator)

Viewed 1817

I am building a flutter app and an asset image won't load when I run the app on my phone, but it loads fine when I run the app on the emulator.

Here's the error I get:

> I/flutter (26364): ══╡ EXCEPTION CAUGHT BY IMAGE RESOURCE SERVICE
> ╞════════════════════════════════════════════════════ I/flutter
> (26364): The following assertion was thrown resolving an image codec:
> I/flutter (26364): Unable to load asset: images/diamond.png I/flutter
> (26364): I/flutter (26364): When the exception was thrown, this was
> the stack: I/flutter (26364): #0      PlatformAssetBundle.load
> (package:flutter/src/services/asset_bundle.dart:221:7) I/flutter
> (26364): <asynchronous suspension> I/flutter (26364): #1     
> AssetBundleImageProvider._loadAsync
> (package:flutter/src/painting/image_provider.dart:464:44) I/flutter
> (26364): <asynchronous suspension> I/flutter (26364): #2     
> AssetBundleImageProvider.load
> (package:flutter/src/painting/image_provider.dart:449:14) I/flutter
> (26364): #3      ImageProvider.resolve.<anonymous closure>.<anonymous
> closure>.<anonymous closure>
> (package:flutter/src/painting/image_provider.dart:316:48) I/flutter
> (26364): #4      ImageCache.putIfAbsent
> (package:flutter/src/painting/image_cache.dart:160:22) I/flutter
> (26364): #5      ImageProvider.resolve.<anonymous closure>.<anonymous
> closure> (package:flutter/src/painting/image_provider.dart:316:25)
> I/flutter (26364): (elided 13 frames from package dart:async)
> I/flutter (26364): I/flutter (26364): Image provider:
> AssetImage(bundle: null, name: "images/diamond.png") I/flutter
> (26364): Image key: AssetBundleImageKey(bundle:
> PlatformAssetBundle#5b025(), name: "images/diamond.png", I/flutter
> (26364):   scale: 1.0) I/flutter (26364):
> ════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

And here's my pubspec.yaml

flutter:
  uses-material-design: true
  assets:
    - images/

Here's main.dart:

import 'package:flutter/material.dart';

void main() {
  runApp(
    MaterialApp(
      home: Scaffold(
        appBar: AppBar(
          backgroundColor: Colors.blueGrey[900],
          title: Text('Picture Motivation'),
        ),
        body: Center(
          child: Image(
            image: AssetImage('images/diamond.png'),
          ),
        ),
      ),
    ),
  );
}

What's very confusing is why the image is loading correctly on the emulator and not on the physical device. Any clue?

Thanks a lot.

1 Answers

Do this step by step, and this should work just fine. Basically you're doing it in wrong way.

  1. Put the images in the assets folder, so the root is assets/diamond.png
  2. Or if you have another folder in your assets folder, images, then the root is assets/images/diamond.png

pubspec.yaml

flutter:
   uses-material-design: true
   //you have to give the proper path in order to get the image in your UI
   assets: 
     - assets/images/diamond.png

UI Code:

//this is how your image calling work, you just have to copy the path, same as pubspec.yaml
Center(
   child: Image(
      image: AssetImage('assets/images/diamond.png'),
   )
)

I am sure you will be able to get the image now. Let me know if that helps.

Related