How to get units for revit model using Forge model derivative APIs?

Viewed 248

I am looking for a way to figure out units for a Revit model on Autodesk Forge cloud, needed for my backend application. I checked model derivative endpoints but not able to find any idea. Is there a way to get units for a Revit model using Forge Model Derivative APIs or other APIs?

1 Answers

Unfortunately I think that bit of data is serialized in the meta data SVF pack file and might only be available through Viewer.

I am checking with Engineering to double confirm if that's the case and will come back to update this answer once I hear back.

EDIT:

Engineering just confirmed that info is currently not present through the API endpoints but I've let them know that's highly desired so hopefully they will make that happen in the near future.

Alternatively in the meantime they suggest that you can try the property DB which is basically flat SQLite and find the meta data there - download it via urn-manifest-derivativeurn-GET and can find its URN via the manifest endpoint and it should look like:

 {
                    "guid": "cb73c076-d3cd-a725-754f-a64cd8c07648",
                    "type": "resource",
                    "urn": "urn:adsk.viewing:fs.file:dXJuOmFkc2sub2JqZWN0czpvcy5vYmplY3Q6c2JzYjIzMzMzMy9zYmFoYWhhLmR3Zw/output/properties.db",
                    "role": "Autodesk.CloudPlatform.PropertyDatabase",
                    "mime": "application/autodesk-db",
                    "status": "success"
                },

Related