Given the following examples,
16A6
ECCB15
I would only like to extract the last number or numbers from the string value. So the end result that I'm looking for is:
6
15
I've been trying to find a way, but can't seem to find the correct one.
Given the following examples,
16A6
ECCB15
I would only like to extract the last number or numbers from the string value. So the end result that I'm looking for is:
6
15
I've been trying to find a way, but can't seem to find the correct one.
Use thisformula:
=MID(A1,AGGREGATE(14,7,ROW($Z$1:INDEX($ZZ:$ZZ,LEN(A1)))/(NOT(ISNUMBER(--MID(A1,ROW($Z$1:INDEX($ZZ:$ZZ,LEN(A1))),1)))),1)+1,LEN(A1))
Try this:
=--RIGHT(A2,SUMPRODUCT(--ISNUMBER(--RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(A2,"E",";"),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&LEN(A2)))))))
or this (avoid using INDIRECT):
=--RIGHT(A2,SUMPRODUCT(--ISNUMBER(--RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(A2,"E",";"),ROW($A$1:INDEX($A:$A,LEN(A2)))))))
Replace A2 in the above formula to suit your case.
Here are the data for testing:
| String |
|-----------|
| 16A6 |
| ECCB15 |
| BATT5A6 |
| 16 |
| A1B2C3E0 |
| 16E |
| TEST00004 |
I have an even shorter version:
--RIGHT(A2,SUMPRODUCT(--ISNUMBER(--RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(A2,"E",";"),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&LEN(A2)))))))The difference is the use of SUBSTITUTE in my final formula. I used SUBSTITUTE to replace letter E with a symbol because in the fifth string in the above list, the RIGHT function in my formula will return the following:
{"0";"E0";"3E0";"C3E0";"2C3E0";"B2C3E0";"1B2C3E0";"A1B2C3E0"}where the third string3E0will returnTRUEby ISNUMBER function, and this will result in an incorrect answer. Therefore I need to get rid of letter E first.
Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers :)