I have been trying deeplinking in a react-native application and trying to directly open a screen inside a navigator. I use react-native-deep-linking and react-navigation as libraries. Also nested navigators are used. Deeplinking works correctly except I have some problems with the android:launchMode property.
This is the results I get for each of the android:launchMode options.
android:launchMode="standard"- App opens using the deeplink but opens up an entirely new application.android:launchMode="singleTask"- App opens using the deeplink. If I open the app using another link. App comes to the foreground but it directs to the previous link.android:launchMode="singleTop"- App opens using the deeplink but opens up an entirely new application.android:launchMode="singleInstance"- App opens using the deeplink but opens up an entirely new application.
If I remove the android:launchMode property, again the same thing happens as the "standard" mode because it is the default.
What option can I use to resolve this problem? Is there any @override that I can do inside the main activity?
Below is my AndroidManifest.xml
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"/>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE"/>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW"/>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"/>
<application
android:name=".MainApplication"
android:label="@string/app_name"
android:icon="@mipmap/ic_launcher"
android:roundIcon="@mipmap/ic_launcher_round"
android:allowBackup="false"
android:theme="@style/AppTheme">
<activity
android:name=".MainActivity"
android:launchMode="singleTask"
android:label="@string/app_name"
android:screenOrientation="portrait"
android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenSize"
android:windowSoftInputMode="adjustResize">
<intent-filter>
<action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN"/>
<category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER"/>
</intent-filter>
<intent-filter>
<action android:name="android.intent.action.VIEW"/>
<category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT"/>
<category android:name="android.intent.category.BROWSABLE"/>
<category android:name="android.intent.category.VIEW"/>
<data android:scheme="https" android:host="*.myapplive.com" android:pathPrefix="/"/>
<data android:scheme="https" android:host="*.myapp.com" android:pathPrefix="/"/>
</intent-filter>
</activity>
<activity android:name="com.facebook.react.devsupport.DevSettingsActivity"/>
</application>