Unable to update event Beta endpoint

Viewed 201

I have created an app with all the needed permissions.

I can create an event using beta endpoint:

https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/users/xyz@test.com/calendars/XXX/events/YYY

But I'm getting an error when I attempt to update it:

{
  "code": "NavigationNotSupported",
  "message": "Recursive navigation is not allowed after property 'Events' according to the entity schema.",
  "innerError": {
    "request-id": "9dd2afea-219a-436d-bd27-e73a7407dfab",
    "date": "2019-09-27T07:49:35"
  }
}

Also, I can however update this event using the v1.0 endpoint:

https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/users/xyz@test.com/calendars/XXX/events/YYY

Is there is an issue in the Microsoft Graph beta or am I missing something?

2 Answers

Please note that

APIs under the /beta version in Microsoft Graph are subject to change. Use of these APIs in production applications is not supported.

We should use /v1.0 version instead of /beta version.

Take a look at the answer in this SO question, Microsoft Graph: Get user calendar event with beta version

You should probably have some luck updating the event with this URL without having to navigate through the "calendars" navigation property as follows.

https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/users/xyz@test.com/events/YYY
Related