At a conference yesterday, I learned about the importance of putting your database in source control. They showed us how to make a new Database project and import the database.
What I was wondering about is how I would change an existing project running on Entity Framework to utilize the database project's power? Schema updates have always been done by using Entity Framework Migrations. I get that the Database project will be able to deploy database updates for me and save those update scripts to source control, but I would like to keep Entity Framework for querying my data (if that makes any sense at all).
Is it possible (or even: recommended) to use Entity Framework to access the database but manage the database using a Database project in Visual Studio ? How do you go about this?
I've tried searching for similar questions and using Google to find if anyone else is having the same problem, but no dice so far.
I should also state that I am considering using this in databases that also have stored procedures in them. These are not controlled through Entity Framework at all, and therefore are not in source control yet.
Thank you for your time.