Google Deployment Manager pass command line parameters to --config files like you can with templates

Viewed 445

https://cloud.google.com/deployment-manager/docs/configuration/templates/define-template-properties

--properties is only supported for Jinja templates:

gcloud deployment-manager deployments create a-single-vm --template vm_template.jinja \
    --properties zone:us-central1-a

How do I pass properties to Python templates the same way with --config?

Edit

More info about my use case. I have a top level yaml config that pulls in multiple templates and sets properties. I can just create separate top level configs for dev and prod deployments with diff values for those environments but it would be nice to set these via command line.

Also I may need to dynamically change some of these params at deploy time in my deployment automation- for example when users click a button to deploy they are given the option to set some params to change. Is there any native support for transforming configs? I don't want to have to resort to wrapping my configs with a makefile.

1 Answers

Yes, you can use python template using multiple templates in Cloud Deployment Manager. Have a look at the link for detail configuration.

Related