How to get the current selected audio device in python?

Viewed 859

I'm using python to get the current selected audio device in windows. I'm using pyaudio now and open to use other libs.

What I have achieved:

with pyaudio's get_device_info_by_index I can list all audio devices.

with pyaudio's get_default_output_device_info I can get the default audio device(seems to me it's the internal audio device embedded in PC)

What I have tried:

If I plug in my headphone or connect the PC to some bluetooth speaker, I can use get_device_info_by_index to get new plugged devices. But get_default_output_device_info still gives me the default PC speaker.

So I need a way to find out the current selected speaker. For example, I connect headphone and bluetooth speaker to the PC, so I have 3 output speakers. Then I can use windows's control panel to select a speak to use.

I need a way to find out which one is selected in Python, either pyaudio or any other libs.

0 Answers
Related