I am trying to generalize a function to filter out some TableQuery in slick using filter, so I have created the following method:
def fetchCoffee(coffe: String)(p: MyTable => Boolean) =
// ...
myTableQuery.filter(p)
// ...
and I called it like this:
fetchCoffee("micoffee")(_.coffeeId == id)
But it is failing with this error:
Error:(43, 29) inferred type arguments [Boolean] do not conform to method filter's type parameter bounds [T <: slick.lifted.Rep[_]]
val query = MyTable.filter(p)
Error:(43, 36) type mismatch;
found : MyTable => Boolean
required: MyTable => T
val query = myTableQuery.filter(p)
Error:(43, 35) Type T cannot be a query condition (only Boolean, Rep[Boolean] and Rep[Option[Boolean]] are allowed
val query = myTableQuery.filter(p)
I have tried to change p's type to p: MyTable => Rep[Boolean], and Rep[MyTable => Boolean] but still not working. I have also tried to pass in the ExecutionContext as implicit to fetchCoffee without luck.
How should I write the predicate type to conform with the type bound T?