Does anyone know why XAMPP has a host name ec2amaz-1qpqh3j with full privileges and no password protect?

Viewed 845

I recently downloaded XAMPP to my local PC. In phpAdmin, User accounts, there is a host name "ec2amaz-1qpqh3j". I can easily remove the host from my phpMyAdmin. That is not my concern.
I just want to pull attention to the latest XAMPP version (downloaded from original website apachefriends.org) coming with a questionable host inside the package.

Does anyone have an explanation?

Thank you.

1 Answers

The above topic should be resolved. I am posting the answer I received over at the ApacheFriends.org Forums:

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue. "ec2amaz-1qpqh3j" is the hostname of the machine we used the last time we generated the default MariaDB data using mysql_install_db.exe. When you use this binary to generate the MariaDB data folder, it creates a 'root'@'hostname' entry.

As a workaround, you can manually remove that entry from phpMyAdmin. We will release a new revision of the installers fixing this issue.

Regards,
Gonzalo

https://community.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=78574&p=266199#p266199

Related