I'm using Emscripten to compile some C code to WebAssembly. This is the final emcc call in my Makefile:
emcc $(CFLAGS) iva.a -o iva.js
Which works as intended and generates a .js file and a .wasm file. The JS is loaded into my HTML page as follows:
<script src="../dist/iva.js">
And it loads and instantiates the WebAssembly code iva.wasm properly. This message appears in the console soon after I load the page:
Fetch finished loading: GET "http://localhost:6931/dist/iva.wasm".
Which I take to mean that my WebAssembly is loaded through a fetch() and, perhaps pending some processing, I can access my functions through the console:
Module._init_display_system()
And get the return values. This holds true and everything works.
Clearly, I should be able to do this through a script as well. However, I can't see a way to only run a function after my WebAssembly has been instantiated. I get the feeling that I'm missing something rather obvious.
Anyway, how do I do this?