I've a dataframe which I want to add a row on the basis of the following conditions. The conditions are when column a is equal to C and column b is equal to 3 or 5.
Here is my dataframe
df <- data.frame(a = c("A", "B", "C", "D", "C", "A", "C", "E"),
b = c(seq(8)), stringsAsFactors = TRUE)
Whenever the condition is TRUE I want to add a row below where the condition is met add 3. I have tried the following
rbind(df, data.frame(a="add", b = "3"))
# a b
# 1 A 1
# 2 B 2
# 3 C 3
# 4 D 4
# 5 C 5
# 6 A 6
# 7 C 7
# 8 E 8
# 9 add 3
This is not the output I want. The output I want is
# a b
# 1 A 1
# 2 B 2
# 3 C 3
# 4 add 3
# 5 D 4
# 6 C 5
# 7 add 3
# 8 A 6
# 9 C 7
# 10 E 8
How can I do that? I am new to R and thank you for your help.