Cannot get Firebase Hosting to work with Google Domains

Viewed 1199

I've hosted multiple websites on Firebase so far but never via Google Domains. Ironically, I never had a problem with other domains registrants but with Google Domains I'm stuck with a "Needs setup" status:

The status remains "needs setup"

What I have done:

  1. I have already deployed my assets and my website serves on https://mydomain.web.app/
  2. I've verified domain ownership with a TXT record
  3. I've copied the IP addresses provided here:

Setup view in Firebase hosting

  1. And added both into the custom resource records in Google Domains:

Custom resource records in Google Domains

According to the documentation (and all other related threads I found here on Stackoverflow) now the status of my domain should move to pending. But it does not. I've configured this many days ago so waiting also won't solve it.

Is there anything that I am missing here?

1 Answers

Somehow, after removing and adding the domain again in Firebase (without any changes in Google Domains), it now shows status pending. Solved.

Related