Launch Desktop PWA in fullscreen/kiosk mode

Viewed 7772

I've been searching for a solution, but haven't found anything that works. I'm attempting to launch a PWA from a Windows Desktop computer added with Chrome in kiosk mode, or at the very least, fullscreen (no menu bars at all). I would think this would be very common, but I have not found anything that works. I've added display: fullscreen to the manifest.json, but that does not seem to work for Desktop.

I am fine with any kind of Javascript, but I would like to not require any user interaction to press F11 or anything. It is intended to be a standalone TV display.

Actual result after launch:

Desired result after launch:

{
  "name": "vuejs-display-new",
  "short_name": "vuejs-display-new",
  "icons": [
    {
      "src": "./img/icons/android-chrome-192x192.png",
      "sizes": "192x192",
      "type": "image/png"
    },
    {
      "src": "./img/icons/android-chrome-512x512.png",
      "sizes": "512x512",
      "type": "image/png"
    }
  ],
  "start_url": "./side/adds",
  "display": "fullscreen",
  "orientation": "landscape",
  "background_color": "#000000",
  "theme_color": "#4DBA87"
}
3 Answers

After install PWA you should go to shortcut properties and in destiny field add that code at the end:

--fullscreen --kiosk

Close chrome completely and open the pwa shortcut

The display:"fullscreen" property seems working properly as you do not see any browser address bar or other ui elements.

However it seems some CSS properties might set the content outside the viewport. I would double check that there is no layout property interfering with the page content.

I'm looking for a solution for this as well. I've upgraded to Windows 10 Pro and am trying to use the Windows Kiosk mode, but the app doesn't seem to appear in the menu of apps you can set to be your kiosk.

One thing to clarify that I think OP was after as well is that simply being fullscreen doesn't work for public kiosks as there are many ways to unintentionally trigger the window to minimize (even on a touch screen) like swiping on the bottom left hand corner reveals the windows icon.

I've only started looking so I'll report back here if/when I find out how to get my app to show on the Win 10 Pro kiosk menu!

Related