I have NestJs application with TypeORM configured with mysql. I want to have e2e(integration) test and for that reason I want to have in memory database in the tests which I configured this way:
{
type: 'sqlite',
database: ':memory:',
synchronize: true,
dropSchema: true,
entities: [`dist/**/*.entity{.ts,.js}`],
}
And the setup of the tests
beforeEach(async () => {
const moduleFixture: TestingModule =
await Test.createTestingModule({imports: [AppModule, UserModule]})
.overrideProvider(TypeOrmConfigService).useClass(MockTypeOrmConfigService)
.compile();
app = await moduleFixture.createNestApplication();
await app.init();
});
. When running the test I got
AlreadyHasActiveConnectionError: Cannot create a new connection named "default", because connection with such name already exist and it now has an active connection session.
at new AlreadyHasActiveConnectionError (/Users/user/workspace/app/src/error/AlreadyHasActiveConnectionError.ts:8:9)
at ConnectionManager.Object.<anonymous>.ConnectionManager.create (/Users/user/workspace/app/src/connection/ConnectionManager.ts:57:23)
at Object.<anonymous> (/Users/user/workspace/app/src/index.ts:228:35)
at step (/Users/user/workspace/app/node_modules/tslib/tslib.js:136:27)
at Object.next (/Users/user/workspace/app/node_modules/tslib/tslib.js:117:57)
at /Users/user/workspace/app/node_modules/tslib/tslib.js:110:75
at new Promise (<anonymous>)
at Object.__awaiter (/Users/user/workspace/app/node_modules/tslib/tslib.js:106:16)
at Object.createConnection (/Users/user/workspace/app/node_modules/typeorm/index.js:186:20)
at rxjs_1.defer (/Users/user/workspace/app/node_modules/@nestjs/typeorm/dist/typeorm-core.module.js:151:29)
(node:19140) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: AlreadyHasActiveConnectionError: Caught error after test environment was torn down
If I move the setup from beforeEach in beforeAll block it's ok, but I'm afraid that when I create several specs the error will come back. How should be handled properly?
EDIT: The problem was that each test is making a setup of the application and so creates a new connection.The solution was to use "keepConnectionAlive: true," in order all tests to reuse same connection.