How to pass httpclienthandler to httpclientfactory explicitly?

Viewed 1720

I thought of using HttpClientFactory but I need to attach the certificate while making a call Currently, I am using HttpClient, But don't know how to attach the certificate.
Below is the httpClient code:

HttpClientHandler httpClientHandler = new HttpClientHandler
{
    SslProtocols = SslProtocols.Tls | SslProtocols.Tls11 | SslProtocols.Tls12,
    ClientCertificateOptions = ClientCertificateOption.Manual
};
httpClientHandler.ClientCertificates.Add(CertHelper.GetCertFromStoreByThumbPrint(_Settings.MtlsThumbPrint, StoreName.My, _Settings.IgnoreCertValidChecking));

httpClientHandler.ServerCertificateCustomValidationCallback = OnServerCertificateValidation;

HttpClient _client = new HttpClient(httpClientHandler)
{
    Timeout = TimeSpan.FromMinutes(1),
    BaseAddress = new Uri(_Settings.BaseUrl)
};

So, how to convert the above httpClient to HttpClientFactory?

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Answers

Assuming you mean by using ServiceCollection, You can configure the handler when setting up the client

services.AddHttpClient("MyClient", client => {
    client.Timeout = TimeSpan.FromMinutes(1),
    client.BaseAddress = new Uri(_Settings.BaseUrl)
})
.ConfigurePrimaryHttpMessageHandler(() => {
    var httpClientHandler = new HttpClientHandler
    {
        SslProtocols = SslProtocols.Tls | SslProtocols.Tls11 | SslProtocols.Tls12,
        ClientCertificateOptions = ClientCertificateOption.Manual
    };
    httpClientHandler.ClientCertificates.Add(CertHelper.GetCertFromStoreByThumbPrint(_Settings.MtlsThumbPrint, StoreName.My, _Settings.IgnoreCertValidChecking));

    httpClientHandler.ServerCertificateCustomValidationCallback = OnServerCertificateValidation;

    return httpClientHandler;
});

That way when IHttpClientFactory is injected and the client is called.

var _client = httpClientFactory.CreateClient("MyClient");

the created client will have the desired certificates already configured.

Related