In our project we use Sentry to report errors. This works pretty fine, however on systems with a lot of load, we sometimes see spikes of errors when a third party system is down. For example, if a database is unreachable, we may get a few ten-thousand calls before the problem is solved and all of these result in error reports to Sentry.
I know that there is a general setting for the Sentry client of sample.rate. This allows to only send a certain percentage of all events to Sentry. However, I just want to avoid tons of duplicated error reports in case of a third party system failure. I don't want to limit the amount of errors being sent in general. Is there a way to configure the Sentry client so that in case of spikes it sends only a few samples but otherwise it sends all error reports?