INTRODUCTION
I'm writing a plugin for Navisworks and i'm using the Dropbox api to download/upload documents from a repository.
PROBLEM
Dropbox.Api uses the Newtonsoft.Json.dll version 7.0, the problem is that Navisworks uses the 4.0 version of the same assembly, so I cannot use the Dropbox api because it throws an exception every time:
System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=7.0.0.0, ...
So as I understand the program has the assembly 4.0v so Dropbox.Api cannot execute properly.
By now, what I've done is to use another process which I can load the right assembly and download/upload the files from there, but I would like to avoid using a second process.
I'm trying to use reflection to load the assembly at runtime, but it takes no effect, the program still cannot find the newer assembly.
//Load the assembly at the beginning of the plugin
var ass = System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(Properties.Resources.Newtonsoft_Json);
//Use the Dropbox api
//Exception...
Can I force, somehow, the program to use the newer assembly (temporary)?
Is there some solution that I've missed?