Testing the ads_management permission for a Facebook app

Viewed 485

I'm building an app that will allow users to export some data in my application to their Facebook Business Manager/Ad Account. For this I need the ads_management API. To get this permission, my app needs to go through a review. How do I develop my application without the permission?

I have a Sandbox Ad Account but in the Test Users menu, I still cannot add the appropriate permission so that when I log-in with the test account, I can make API calls on its behalf.

Am I suppose to put the app in for review before testing it?

Even going to the Graph API explorer, I get the error Invalid scope: manage_pages, when I attempt to fetch a User Access Token for myself.

1 Answers

You can configure the permissions of your test users in your App Settings under:

roles > test users

I also had had trouble doing this. For me the problem was that i already enabled the app (switched it to live mode). In live mode i was unable to configure the permissions. Without getting any information about the reason.

After changing it back into offline mode i was able to do it.

Related