The target is to get samples from a distribution whose parameters is known.
For example, the self-defined distribution is p(X|theta), where theta the parameter vector of K dimensions and X is the random vector of N dimensions.
Now we know (1) the theta is known; (2) p(X|theta) is NOT known, but I know p(X|theta) ∝ f(X,theta), and f is a known function.
Can pymc3 do such sampling from p(X|theta), and how?
The purpose is not sampling from posterior distribution of parameters, but want to samples from a self-defined distribution.
Starting from a simple example of sampling from a Bernoulli distribution. I did the following:
import pymc3 as pm
import numpy as np
import scipy.stats as stats
import pandas as pd
import theano.tensor as tt
with pm.Model() as model1:
p=0.3
density = pm.DensityDist('density',
lambda x1: tt.switch( x1, tt.log(p), tt.log(1 - p) ),
) #tt.switch( x1, tt.log(p), tt.log(1 - p) ) is the log likelihood from pymc3 source code
with model1:
step = pm.Metropolis()
samples = pm.sample(1000, step=step)
I expect the result is 1000 binary digits, with the proportion of 1 is about 0.3. However, I got strange results where very large numbers occur in the output.
I know something is wrong. Please help on how to correctly write pymc3 codes for such non-posterior MCMC sampling questions.