I have a SSIS job which run well in SQL Server 2008 but no longer working in SQL Server 2017. The error message I get is:
Kindly advise any solution for this problem. Thanks
I have a SSIS job which run well in SQL Server 2008 but no longer working in SQL Server 2017. The error message I get is:
Kindly advise any solution for this problem. Thanks
SSIS solutions that have been used on SQL Server 2008 R2, must be migrated to work properly on 2016/2017. The XML structure of the ssis packages is completely different and I belive 2008 packages only was supported until 2012/2014.
The process of doing this is basicly.
I'm posting here because I've struggled as well with this issue, but on my SCD and I believe this might help someone.
I managed to resolve it by removing the precision of my datetime2(7)by converting it to a DateTime before entering the SCD component.
You can also try to reduce your varchar type fields from eg 4000 to 200 if possible which will allow your flow to run successfully.
Good luck!