I am developing a React library which will be consumed by a web application for SmartTV, our objective is to make it generic for working on different TV platform (webOS, Android).
Use Case: We want to enable user to navigate on different items on the screen using the remote control button. From the research it seems each TV platform has their own button codes (a code generated when a button on remote is pressed). I am trying to figure out,
How are the arrow buttons handled in the TV control, does TV platforms (all? or certain platform?)takes care of changing the focus from a button to button
I am trying to understand in TV how does the arrow keys works?
When we press the arrow key does framework handles moving the focus to next focusable item (for example button to next button)
If not what can be the best way for doing spatial navigation?
Is there a library available that we can use?
Is there a sample code to look on how TV apps like Netflix, Spotify do this or all these services develop different apps for different TV platforms?