How to build and install wal2json without also installing the package postgresql-server-dev on Debian 9?

Viewed 1693

I'm trying to stream data automatically from PostgreSQL 10 to Kafka using debezium together with the logical decoding plugin, wal2json.

I followed all the instructions on how to build and install the plugin from this link by running these command lines:

$ git clone https://github.com/eulerto/wal2json.git
$ cd wal2json
$ PATH=/usr/lib/postgresql/10/bin:$PATH
$ USE_PGXS=1 make
$ USE_PGXS=1 sudo make install

Yet, the steps for installation include this command line: USE_PGXS=1 make and it requires the installation of this package

sudo apt-get install postgresql-server-dev-10

else, I get the following error

Makefile:10: /usr/lib/postgresql/11/lib/pgxs/src/makefiles/pgxs.mk: No such file or directory

make: *** No rule to make target '/usr/lib/postgresql/11/lib/pgxs/src/makefiles/pgxs.mk'.  Stop.

In fact, I am not allowed to install the package postgresql-server-dev-10 for personal reasons.

Thus, is there any way to install wal2json without installing that package or without using the command make?

Thank you.

0 Answers
Related