I am trying to build a website where a user can log in via Azure AD B2C. After logging in, I'm trying to present a secure area where the user can change their Azure B2C user attributes (first name, last name, etc) via the Microsoft Graph API.
I am attempting to follow along with the Get a Token documentation
Everything is working up to step #3, where a call gets made out to https://login.microsoftonline.com/common/oauth2/v2.0/token to obtain an access_token using the code I received on my return URL.
Here's the general flow of what I am doing:
- End user clicks a login link on my localhost site that links out to my Azure B2C tenant policy. Link looks something like this:
https://login.microsoftonline.com/mytenantname.onmicrosoft.com/oauth2/v2.0/authorize
?client_id=[MyAppID]
&response_type=code+id_token
&redirect_uri=http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%3A17000%2Fprocessing%2Findex
&response_mode=query
&scope=openid%20offline_access%20https%3A%2F%2Fgraph.microsoft.com%2Fuser.read%20https%3A%2F%2Fgraph.microsoft.com%2Fuser.write
&state=[MyCustomState]&p=[MyCustomPolicy]
User logs in and gets redirected to the
redirect_uri.redirect_urisuccessfully recievescode,id_token, andstatevalues.I take the
codevalue from that and makes aPOST https://login.microsoftonline.com/common/oauth2/v2.0/tokenrequest with the following body:
POST https://login.microsoftonline.com/common/oauth2/v2.0/token
HTTP/1.1
grant_type=authorization_code
&code=[code]
&client_secret=[application secret]
&scope=openid%20offline_access%20https%3A%2F%2Fgraph.microsoft.com%2Fuser.read%20https%3A%2F%2Fgraph.microsoft.com%2Fuser.readwrite
&redirect_uri=http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%3A17000%2Fprocessing%2Findex
- The response code I receive back from that endpoint is the above error message.
{
"error": "invalid_grant",
"error_description": "AADSTS9002313: Invalid request. Request is malformed or invalid.\r\nTrace ID:6d7a8e32-bcbf-4fc4-a37a-87dae4781b00\r\nCorrelation ID:252912b7-5775-491a-968f-00ab03696dd9\r\nTimestamp: 2019-06-2722:11:18Z",
"error_codes": [9002313],
"timestamp": "2019-06-27 22:11:18Z",
"trace_id": "6d7a8e32-bcbf-4fc4-a37a-87dae4781b00",
"correlation_id": "252912b7-5775-491a-968f-00ab03696dd9"
}
Other StackOverflow posts mention verifying that the redirect_uri's have to match between the initial login and the subsequent access_token requests. They appear identical to me, but I am still receiving errors.
Any ideas what could be going wrong?

