I'm building an ordering app, where I do the backend with Laravel and the front end with both ReactJS and React Native
I want real-time updates whenever a customer posts an order and whenever an order gets updated.
Currently, I managed to get WebSocket running that uses the pusher API using devmarketer his tutorial.
I'm successful in echoing the order in the console, but now I want to access the channel using my react app
And at this step is where I am facing difficulties.
As I'm unsure how to create a route that is accessible to both my apps and how to access the channel through this route.
The official laravel documentation gives an example of how to access pusher but not how to connect to it with for example an outside connection (example: my react native app)
window.Echo = new Echo({
broadcaster: 'pusher',
key: 'rapio1',
host: 'http://backend.rapio',
authEndpoint: 'http://backend.rapio/broadcasting/auth',
auth: {
headers: {
// Authorization: `Bearer ${token}`,
Accept: 'application/json',
},
}
// encrypted: true
});
window.Echo.channel('rapio.1').listen('OrderPushed', (e) =>{
console.log(e.order)
})
So my question is how can I access a broadcasting channel on my React apps?
ADDED BACKEND EVENT
class OrderPushed implements ShouldBroadcastNow
{
use Dispatchable, InteractsWithSockets, SerializesModels;
public $neworder;
/**
* Create a new event instance.
*
* @return void
*/
public function __construct(Order $neworder)
{
$this->neworder = $neworder;
}
/**
* Get the channels the event should broadcast on.
*
* @return \Illuminate\Broadcasting\Channel|array
*/
public function broadcastOn()
{
//return new Channel('Rapio.'.$this->neworder->id);
return new Channel('Rapio');
}
public function broadcastWith()
{
return [
'status' => $this->neworder->status,
'user' => $this->neworder->user->id,
];
}
}