I want to execute a Linux binary from a QT application running on W10.
In QT we have QProcess to launch additional processes. However, since my binary is for Linux, I've thought of two possible approaches:
- Running the binary in a container (i.e.: Docker, Kubernetes, Singularity...).
- Executing the binary through WSL (Ubuntu) bash.
In any case, the QT application should initiate the process (the container or the bash) and, in turn, this process should launch my binary.
I've been searching on the web and I could not find something related, what makes me think that it will be difficult. For this reason, I am posting the question in order to know the viability of the proposed approaches.
EDITED
It looks like the WSL is easier, the problem is that the user has to have install ed it. Apart from requiring the sudo password when installing new software via apt-get.
The binary that I have to execute only exists for Linux, and let's say that cross-compiling is dismissed because of its complexity. Furthermore, this application needs CGAL, BOOST, MPI, among other pieces of software.