Is there any RFC standard for "Raise hand" functionality in SIP calls?

Viewed 37

I'm trying to understand what kind of standard protocols can be used for "Raise hand" function in SIP VoIP calls. I see this function is implemented in many products, but I can't find any standard protocol definition for this.

Consider we have 3 entities: Host (call leader, Alice), Conference Server, Endpoint (regular participant, Bob).

Scenario: Bob presses "Raise Hand" button. Alice looks on a list of users in conference, and sees that Bob raised a hand.

What I was able to find so far:

Alice: can send SIP SUBSCRIBE to server to get NOTIFY messages about users in a conference (RFC4575 https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4575)

Bob: it can simply send DTMF code like *9 to conference server to raise a hand

Conference SIP Server: how it will notify Alice that Bob has raised a hand? Should it be also a NOTIFY message? In which format?

Alice: answered a question and wants to "lower Bob's hand". How it can be achieved in standard way?

0 Answers
Related