I found that if I try to install tqdm in miniconda environment (pip insall tqdm), it will fail, and the error then will persist also for other libraries searched by pip
Update
I tried many test, I come to the conclusion that conda and pip install conflicts in miniconda environment.
Step to reproduce:
conda create --name mlvision
test : is pandas and fastai there?
pip install pandas > pandas is there
now try to install opencv via conda
conda install opencv
[..]
now if I try pip install, I will get error:
pip install pandas
Collecting pandas
Using cached https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/fc/43/fd867e3347559845c8f993059d410c50a1e18709f1c4d4b3b47323a06a37/pandas-0.24.2-cp37-cp37m-macosx_10_6_intel.macosx_10_9_intel.macosx_10_9_x86_64.macosx_10_10_intel.macosx_10_10_x86_64.whl
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _fdopendir$INODE64
Referenced from: /Users/gg4u/Sites/miniconda3/envs/mlvision/bin/python
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
dyld: Symbol not found: _fdopendir$INODE64
Referenced from: /Users/gg4u/Sites/miniconda3/envs/mlvision/bin/python
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
All installations via pip are now broken:
pip install fastai
Collecting fastai
Using cached https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/7d/14/385382da888f7e3ba24c726d95ea05563eb5e984ed97d5a24e74197f7848/fastai-1.0.54-py3-none-any.whl
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _fdopendir$INODE64
Referenced from: /Users/gg4u/Sites/miniconda3/envs/mlvision/bin/python
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
dyld: Symbol not found: _fdopendir$INODE64
Referenced from: /Users/gg4u/Sites/miniconda3/envs/mlvision/bin/python
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
also:
pip install --upgrade pip
Requirement already up-to-date: pip in ./envs/mlvision/lib/python3.7/site-packages (19.1.1)
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _fdopendir$INODE64
Referenced from: /Users/gg4u/Sites/miniconda3/envs/mlvision/bin/python
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
dyld: Symbol not found: _fdopendir$INODE64
Referenced from: /Users/gg4u/Sites/miniconda3/envs/mlvision/bin/python
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
Trace/BPT trap: 5
I conclude that conda install may conflict with pip install...
not sure if only when using conda install opencv
The way around I found is to install opencv as last package, once used I may have the missing reference:
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
and so I should install all packages via pip first, and last opencv...
How to solve conflicts in local conda environments ?
Tried to look at https://github.com/ContinuumIO/anaconda-issues/issues/1429 but could not yet solve the issue.
I cannot proceed to install all the packages I need (some via conda, some via pip)
note python correctly poiting to local env:
which python
[your path]/miniconda3/envs/mlvision/bin/python
conda --version conda 4.7.5
using Mac OS Mavericks 10.9.5 (if it matters)