How to use openCV in Xamarin?

Viewed 4598

I am creating a Xamarin project to detect some objects in images . I want to use openCV library , but I can't wrap it to the xamarin .

I wrapped it to an windows form application but I can not wrap it to Xamarin (I got errors in compatibility) I have tried to install EMGU.cv but I got error : unable to find version 3.4.3 also I can't update it .

I also tried to wrap the openCV to xamarin by downloading the openCV from here https://opencv.org/releases/ but I didn't find the the .jar file to add it the my project .

so how can I use openCV in xamarin please ?

also is object detection applicable with openCV or not ?

1 Answers

Luckily there is some work done by people before you. You can already use the wrapper that's created for Android, but for iOS you'll have to try to create the wrapper yourself

Edit from 2022: For Android you can also take a look at this GitHub sample, amongst many others

Related