The column HIGH_VALUE has data similar to below, of type LONG, and always has the same length:
TIMESTAMP' 2019-01-30 00:00:00'
How can I convert it to a DATE type without using a function?
My overall goal is to create a result set which can then be used as an inner query for other aggregations. For example, I would like to be able to sum the number of rows over a year according to the date produced by converting the HIGH_VALUE column to a date.
I have only read permissions on this database and therefore cannot create functions. I've seen other solutions on StackOverflow and other sites, but they all require creating a function.
ALL_TAB_PARTITIONS is a standard built-in Oracle table and therefore I'm not including the table structure. In case that's an issue, please let me know and I will create an example table.
An example query and the data one row that results from this query follows. Note that I cannot create tables on this database so I will also need an a method that works without creating a temporary table.
Insert into EXPORT_TABLE (TABLE_OWNER,TABLE_NAME,PARTITION_NAME,HIGH_VALUE,NUM_ROWS)
VALUES ('TO','TN','SYS_P201709','TIMESTAMP'' 2019-01-30 00:00:00''',5053133);
SELECT TABLE_OWNER, TABLE_NAME, PARTITION_NAME, HIGH_VALUE, NUM_ROWS
from ALL_TAB_PARTITIONS;