The CPU usage by Node goes well over 100% when I run my npm script, which is using vue-cli-service serve.
How can I debug this issue?
I'm working on a Mac, Node installed through nvm. Node version: 10.16, npm version: 6.9
The CPU usage by Node goes well over 100% when I run my npm script, which is using vue-cli-service serve.
How can I debug this issue?
I'm working on a Mac, Node installed through nvm. Node version: 10.16, npm version: 6.9
Installing the fsevents module on MacOSX will help reduce the CPU usage.
npm install fsevents -g
npm rebuild fsevents
The problem was caused by the polling option.
Removing poll: true from the watchOptions in the webpack config - fixed the problem for me.
i use linux in virtualbox for dev purpose, and i have shared folder from windows host to linux guest. and my my vue project is stored in my hdd and shared with vbox.
so that i have to used {devServer: watchOptions: {poll: true}} in my vue.config.js for hot reload to works. this was causing the high cpu usage problem.
so i put my code in guest hdd and set poll:false and problem has gone.
hope someone find this helpfull.