After I've implemented NGRX stores in my APP, I found out that my HomeComponent is being loaded too many times.
The flow is like below, from beggining:
1 - When the page is called, trys to load the dashboard, but the AuthGuard tells me that the user is not logged in and it loads the LoginComponent.
app-routing.module.ts
const routes: Routes = [
{
path: 'login',
loadChildren: './landing/landing.module#LandingModule'
},
{
path: '',
canActivate: [AuthGuard],
loadChildren: './dashboard/dashboard.module#DashboardModule'
}
];
2 - Then, user chooses to login via Facebook.
login.component.ts
signInWithFacebook() {
this.store.dispatch(new FacebookLogIn());
}
3 - The reducer is called, call my LoginService and if the authentication is fine, send to LogInSuccess effect. To resume, I won't post this part.
4 - If login succeded, I have to load other info about the user, so I call other stores and just then, navigate to my DashboardComponent.
@Effect({ dispatch: false })
LogInSuccess: Observable<any> = this.actions.pipe(
ofType(LoginActionTypes.LOGIN_SUCCESS),
tap(action => {
this.zone.run(() => {
this.store.dispatch(new GetData(action.payload.user.email));
this.store.dispatch(new GetData2(action.payload.user.uid));
localStorage.setItem('user', JSON.stringify(action.payload.user));
this.router.navigate(['/dashboard'])
});
})
);
5 - Dashboard loads HomeComponent together.
dashboard-routing.module.ts
{
path: 'dashboard',
component: DashboardComponent,
canActivate: [AuthGuard],
children: [
{
path: '',
component: HomeComponent,
},
...
...
]
}
6 - The store calls result in this:
7 - And here is the problem. If I do a console.log in HomeComponent, I see that it have being called 1 time for each store called, as bellow.
Questions are:
Why?
What should I do to prevent all those unecessary loads?
If I remove one of the dispatches above, it goes only 3 times to the HomeComponent, and not 5 as the picture because it removes 2 of the effects.
-- Update --
HomeComponent.ts
isTermSigned = false;
homeInfo = {
isBeta: false,
isTermSigned: false,
displayName: '',
email: ''
};
homeSubscription: Subscription;
constructor(
private afs: AngularFirestore,
private router: Router,
private store: Store<AppState>
) { }
ngOnInit() {
this.homeSubscription = combineLatest(
this.store.pipe(select(selectData)),
this.store.pipe(select(selectStatusLogin))
).subscribe(([data, login]) => {
console.log(login);
if (login.user) {
this.homeInfo = {
isBeta: data.isBeta,
isTermSigned: data.isBeta,
displayName: login.user.displayName,
email: login.user.email
};
}
});
}
-- Update 2 -- Here is the important part of the data store
data.action.ts
export class GetData implements Action {
readonly type = PlayerActionTypes.GET_BETA_USER;
constructor(public payload: any) {}
}
export class GetDataSuccess implements Action {
readonly type = PlayerActionTypes.GET_DATA_SUCCESS;
constructor(public payload: any) {}
}
data.effect.ts
@Effect()
GetData: Observable<any> = this.actions.pipe(
ofType(PlayerActionTypes.GET_DATA),
mergeMap(email =>
this.dataService
.getData(email)
.then(data=> {
return new GetDataSuccess({
isBeta: data.email ? true : false,
isTermSigned: data.acceptTerms ? true : false
});
})
.catch(error => {
return new GetDataError({
isBetaUser: false,
isTermSigned: false
});
})
)
);
@Effect({ dispatch: false })
GetDataSuccess: Observable<any> = this.actions.pipe(
ofType(PlayerActionTypes.GET_DATA_SUCCESS),
tap(action => {
localStorage.setItem('data', JSON.stringify(action.payload));
})
);
data.reducer.ts
export interface State {
isBeta: boolean;
isTermSigned: boolean;
}
export const initialState: State = {
isBeta: false,
isTermSigned: false
};
export function reducer(state = initialState, action: All): State {
switch (action.type) {
case DataActionTypes.GET_DATA_SUCCESS: {
return {
...state,
isBeta: action.payload.isBeta,
isTermSigned: action.payload.isTermSigned
};
}
case DataActionTypes.GET_DATA_ERROR: {
return {
...state,
isBeta: action.payload.isBeta,
isTermSigned: action.payload.isTermSigned
};
}
...
default: {
const data = JSON.parse(localStorage.getItem('data'));
if (data) {
return {
...state,
isBeta: betaUser.isBeta,
isTermSigned: betaUser.isTermSigned
};
} else {
return state;
}
}
}
}
data.selector.ts
import { AppState } from '../reducers';
export const selectData = (state: AppState) => state.data;
-- Update 3 --
Another thing that might help and is breaking my mind, when I logout, one, and only one, effect is called but my HomeComponent, which has no redirect to it at all, is called twice:
{isAuthenticated: true, user: {…}, errorMessage: null}
{isAuthenticated: false, user: null, errorMessage: null}

