What is the best way to use Sage

Viewed 1605

I am using Sage (or SageMath) for doing some mathematics, and I would like to make it a habit of mine to use it and to teach it to students. However I have an organisational problem on how to use Sage!

As far as I know, there are these options to use Sage:

  • on a terminal
  • on a notebook

However, I would like to use it writing my code in separated script files well documented and running them on a terminal once it is done. Is there a way to do so?

1 Answers

Besides the SageMath tutorial which has a section on ways to use SageMath, some alternative lists have been provided as answers to some questions on Ask Sage, such as

Maybe you would be interested in the

or maybe in running Sage in an IDE like PyCharm or Spyder, in which case see

Note also Tomer Bauer's 2019-06 "Introduction to Sage" as a Jupyter slideshow available from the

for another nice way to use Sage in a teaching context.

Related