I'm creating a Discord node in Node-RED, and want to give the node options as to which Discord events it will subscribe to. I'm currently attempting to use Chips from the MaterializeCSS library (https://materializecss.com/chips.html).
Following the examples on the Materialize page, here's my current property type:
<script type="text/javascript">
RED.nodes.registerType('discordEvents', {
category: 'config',
defaults: {
name: {value:"", required: true},
events: {value:"", required: true},
},
exportable: false,
label: function() {
return this.name;
}
});
</script>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/materialize/1.0.0/css/materialize.min.css">
<script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/materialize/1.0.0/js/materialize.min.js"></script>
<script type="application/javascript">
$('.chips-autocomplete').chips({
autocompleteOptions: {
data: {
'message':null,
'ready':null
},
limit: Infinity,
minLength: 1
}
});
</script>
<script type="text/x-red" data-template-name="discordEvents">
<div class="form-row">
<label for="node-config-input-name"><i class="icon-tag"></i> Name</label>
<input type="text" id="node-config-input-name">
</div>
<div class="form-row">
<label for="node-config-input-events"><i class="icon-tag"></i> Events</label>
<div class="chips chips-autocomplete" id="node-config-input-events></div>
</div>
</script>
The problem is when I load the library into the script, the Node-RED editor disappears, and if I check the console, I see an error "[node-red/discordEvents] TypeError: $(...).chips is not a function"