I want to connect to Cloud SQL from a different GCP project.
Cloud SQL is location in ProjectSQL and a VPC network is there in ProjectSQL project with name sql_vpc
There is another project ProjectDataflow and this has a vpc dataflow_vpc. I want to connect to cloudSQL from ProjectSQL with the VM launched in ProjectDataflow project
Things I have tried with success and failure.
Private ACCESS:
VPC Peering:
Enable Private IP access in Cloud with the vpc sql_vpc
Creating VPC peering between dataflow_vpc and sql_vpc
This solution does not work because you can not access the Peered Network.
https://cloud.google.com/sql/docs/mysql/private-ip
Status: FAILED
Shared Network
As per doc I can create the CloudSQL in shared VPC network, that says I
have to create the CloudSQL in host project, and to access the Cloud
SQL from VM instance, it has be in the same network as of authorized
private ip network of Cloud SQL
Status: NOT TRIED but looks to be Negative
Public Access:
Create a Cloud NAT in ProjectDataflow with dataflow_vpc with manual IP
Use the Cloud NAT public ip to whitelist in CloudSQL instance
Now I can access the CloudSQL from project ProjectDataflow using CloudSQL Public IP
STATUS: Success
Please share your experience accessing Cloud SQL from another project. Is there any best practice to connect cloud SQL from another gcp project?