How to convert rather complex reStructuredText (rst) to markdown?

Viewed 768

I would like to convert the user guide of Robot Framework which is written in RST (restructuredtext) to Markdown to be able to host this great peace of work as a mkdocs site. I have already tried to convert the html version of the guide (see here) with pandoc but the result was not what I liked it to be.

Now I'd like to try to convert the original RST files which are used to generate the html version of the user guide. The source of user guide consist of several RST and other files

  • roles.rst
  • userguide.css
  • RobotFrameworkUserGuide.rst
  • bunch of .rst files inside subfolders

Is it possible to convert the whole structure at once with pandoc or other tools?

What steps would you suggest to undertake to convert the RST source to Markdown in a way that keeps the need of manual editing after conversion as low as possible (keeping in mind that updates to the source will have to be adapted to the markdown version as well)?

0 Answers
Related