I have tried to install Xdebug extension for PHP on my computer (Linux Mint, PHP version 7.3.6).
I have followed instructions form Xdebug wizard page. When I finished I had run following command in terminal:
php --version
It shows me version of my PHP but also a following warning:
Failed loading /usr/lib/php/20180731/xdebug.so: /usr/lib/php/20180731/xdebug.so: undefined symbol: gc_globals
Xdebug is not listed as enabled extension when calling phpinfo() either. Could you please help, where can be problem with my Xdebug installation?
I have installed Xdebug using following steps from the wizard page:
• Download xdebug-2.7.2.tgz
• Install the pre-requisites for compiling PHP extensions.
• On your Ubuntu system, install them with: apt-get install php-dev autoconf automake
• Unpack the downloaded file with tar -xvzf xdebug-2.7.2.tgz
• Run: cd xdebug-2.7.2
• Run: phpize (See the FAQ if you don't have phpize).
•
• As part of its output it should show:
•
• Configuring for:
• ...
• Zend Module Api No: 20180731
• Zend Extension Api No: 320180731
• If it does not, you are using the wrong phpize. Please follow this FAQ entry and skip the next step.
•
• Run: ./configure
• Run: make
• Run: cp modules/xdebug.so /usr/lib/php/20180731
• Edit /etc/php/7.3/cli/php.ini and add the line
• zend_extension = /usr/lib/php/20180731/xdebug.so