In the material UI default theme there exist the (css) class MuiTab-root. Which, among others, sets the font weight (based on the theme's typography definition).
.MuiTab-root {
font-weight: 600;
}
This is generated by withStyles using createMuiTheme function. During creation it uses typography.fontWeightMedium of the supplied object to define the font weight of the tabs.
I wish to do is override the font-weight of the default theme to be "normal". Ideally by stating it should use typography.fontWeightNormal, or failing that, manually overriding the font weight.
I have tried manually overriding the font weight. However this didn't work.
const theme = createMuiTheme({
typography: {
fontWeightMedium: 600,
},
overrides: {
'.MuiTab-root': {
fontWeight: 400,
}
}
});
Inspection using chrome shows the fontWeight of tabs is still 600 (demi bold).
How to override the default definition here? - Or do I have to rely on a custom class I use in the components?