I'm using Url_launcher plugin to open some specific URL but I don't want to show URL to the user. In Android, the Adress bar doesn't show up but in IOS it does. Is there any way to hide it?
I'm using Url_launcher plugin to open some specific URL but I don't want to show URL to the user. In Android, the Adress bar doesn't show up but in IOS it does. Is there any way to hide it?
As the url_launcher documentation says:
By default, Android opens up a browser when handling URLs. You can pass forceWebView: true parameter to tell the plugin to open a WebView instead. On iOS, the default behavior is to open all web URLs within the app. Everything else is redirected to the app handler.
So iOS opens urls inside a WebView already. But.. you must be sure to enable Flutter embedded views on your Info.plist. You need to add a boolean property with:
key = io.flutter.embedded_views_preview
value = YES
And that should do the job.
For more info you can take a look at this issue. https://github.com/flutter/flutter/issues/19030