Python failed building wheel for dlib Ubuntu

Viewed 2943

I am attempting to install dlib to my python virtual environment.

There is a very similar problem here and I followed the exact steps to no avail.

Somehow I am able to import dlib when running code and I managed to do that by git cloning git clone -b pybind11 https://github.com/supervacuus/dlib.git.

But when I attempt to install it pip3 install dlib or a library that depends on it such as pip3 install face_recognition I get errors stating that ERROR: Failed building wheel for dlib

Full execution logs and error here https://gist.github.com/GhettoBurger996/1e6a423b88b7435c8759255e19fa5e60

I am using 3.5.2 and Ubuntu 16.04

1 Answers

Question is a bit old but I ran into a similar problem where installing dlib using pip3 would fail.

Installing the following dependencies fixed it for me:

$ sudo apt-get install build-essential cmake
$ sudo apt-get install libgtk-3-dev
$ sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev

From the posted error logs it seems that you had cmake installed already so the first line might not be necessary for you.

Related