I have JavaScript code and source maps generated from TypeScript code (using tsc).
I then have a second compilation step which bundles the code using webpack.
I have enabled source maps in webpack.config.js:
module.exports = {
devtool: "source-map"
}
The generated source map isn't entirely right.
Webpack is not taking into account the existing source maps that have been generated from TypeScript code.
This results in a mapping to the JavaScript code instead of the TypeScript code.
How can I get the Webpack source map to include existing mapping?
EDIT:
After renaming my question, and searching for my renamed question on Google, I found an answer.
You can use a preloader with webpack called source-map-loader: https://webpack.js.org/loaders/source-map-loader/
However, after installing source-map-loader and updating webpack.config.js to the following, the existing source maps are still not used:
module.exports = {
devtool: "source-map",
module: {
rules: [
{
test: /\.js$/,
use: ["source-map-loader"],
enforce: "pre"
}
]
}
}
My guess is that because the files my existing source map point to are located outside the entry directory in webpack.config.js, they are ignored...?