git push - Permission to denied - The requested URL returned error: 403

Viewed 4992

As many other, when I use git push I get the next error:

remote: Permission to mmistakes/minimal-mistakes.git denied to MyName. fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/mmistakes/minimal-mistakes.git/': The requested URL returned error: 403

I´m working in Windows, I have git 2.22. I tried:

  1. Running the following two commands in the terminal, replacing the obvious things:

git config --global user.name "Your Name Here" git config --global user.email "Your Email Address Here"

  1. This one "How can I change the user on Git Bash?"

  2. Deleting the Windows Credential

  3. Adding a ssh keys to Github

But non of those things work for me.

2 Answers

403 is a forbidden error code... so as long as you are sure your git user name and password are accurate, you then must make sure you are an authorized user on the GitHub repo check here for more details on what permission you need.

Related