Sync Redux State with Firebase Firestore

Viewed 764

Please tell me if I am oversimplifying.

I have build a working React + Redux web app prototype, working theoretically as I would like using redux-persist and rehydrating from local storage each time.

I feel as though, given that this works perfectly, there should be some available middleware out there to sync my Redux store with Firebase (or some other tool).

All the tools out there seem to be exposing Firebase directly to me, whereas I feel that my Redux store should be able to act as an abstraction/caching layer over Firebase.

I have looked into all of the popular libraries (and many less popular), for example:

https://github.com/prescottprue/react-redux-firebase

This guy seems to have the same idea:

https://medium.com/@david.gilbertson/react-and-firebase-sittin-in-a-tree-a00d481786cb

Any guidance or am I totally going down the wrong track? My expectation would be to never have to directly reference a Firebase Ref in my main code and to not change what I already have.

0 Answers
Related