I want to have Web Components hosted by one site, which another site cannot access the inner DOM or Javascript of. Exactly like with iframes, but which can be rendered inside the HTML better, for example sizing to incorporate their content etc.
There have been many discussions about this but in 2019 when I ask this, is anything implemented to do this?
EDIT: Let me be totally clear - I want the JS for the component to be served from our servers, requests to our server to be done from the component’s JS, render stuff in the component, but not let the enclosing site get it or put a trojan horse in the component. I am fine w the encloing site providing CSS but no HTML or JS. Can this be done?
How would it communicate with the component, analogous to postMessage?
Finally, is it possible for the COMPONENTS JS to access the outer containing website’s DOM and thereby find other components and communicate? This last one ain’t possible with iframes on another domain.