Domino Designer V10 Performance Issue

Viewed 101

Recently I upgraded to Designer Release 10.0.1FP2 from Designer 9.0.1FP10 with IF6. Performance has dropped considerably. When I open an xsp design element (XPages or Custom Controls) it takes 7+ seconds to allow me to start developing. When I save a design element it takes 15 plus seconds to save it. This also happens with managed beans. Sometimes the designer just locks up and and Lotus completely crashes. When I close out a design element (no saving needs to be done) it takes 5+ seconds to close each design element. I have searched and searched and found no answers or suggestions on this issue I am having. Any ideas??

2 Answers

I had exactly the same thing: I needed to exclude Notes + Notes\Data directories from Windows Defender to get the performance back. Try to do that in your security solution on your pc: might work for you to...

Rob Mason's suggestion above did the trick. I needed to tweak Domino Designer and the article linked above helped me tweak it. Thank you Rob for the suggestion and Nathan for creating the document.

Related