Error with Bullet Gem Rails 4 and Uniform Notifier

Viewed 751

I'm trying to use bullet gem to avoid N+1 queries in my website. I've used it until some months ago, then it stopped to work. I got this only today.

When I start my localhost I get this error message:

/Users/carcarlo/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.2.4/gems/activesupport-4.2.5/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:274:in `require':/Users/carcarlo/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.2.4/gems/uniform_notifier-1.12.0/lib/uniform_notifier/base.rb:37: syntax error, unexpected <<, expecting keyword_end (SyntaxError)
  <<~CODE
    ^/Users/carcarlo/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.2.4/gems/uniform_notifier- 1.12.0/lib/uniform_notifier/base.rb:38: syntax error, unexpected '<', expecting keyword_end <script #{attributes_string}>/*<![CDATA[*/
     ^ target of repeat operator is not specified: /*]]>*/

it is clear that is an error in the file base.rb of the gem uniform_notifier, which is a dependency of bullet, but what can I do to get it working on my system? I tried to force the installation of uniform_notifier to an older version (actual is 1.12.1) but it is locked to 1.12.0

This application is written using ruby 2.2.4 and rails 4.2.5

1 Answers

I was able to fix it by using a lower version of bullet

gem 'bullet', '~> 5.7.6'
Related