"This branch has conflicts that must be resolved" but it's already merged

Viewed 40722

I merged a PR with the GitHub web interface, which resolved in a successful merge commit.

Afterwards, GitHub is complaining This branch has conflicts that must be resolved. Does anybody know why or how to get the status merged?

2 Answers

You'll need to update your branch with new commits from master, resolve those conflicts and push the updated/resolved branch to GitHub.

git checkout master
git pull
git checkout <branch>
git merge master
[ ... resolve any conflicts ... ]
git add [files that were conflicted]
git commit
git push

UPDATE 2022

I used help on the top but i get some git error !

I think was for new updates git !

so, I run this commands :

git checkout <branch> 

Like : git checkout origin/main

git pull  <repository link when you forked>
git checkout <branch> 
git merge <branch> 

And now go to file and check your change!

git add
git commit

or

git commit -m "commit"

If your needed Signed-off-by: use ( -s ).

Finally:

git push origin HEAD:<name-of-remote-branch>
Related