I've found the below formula to count the number of characters preceeding a certain word, following the solution provided here:
Count number of characters before a certain word in cell
=SEARCH("apple",A2)-1
My issue is the following:
How to count the intermediary characters between 2 occurrences of the same word in a single cell?
Adapting Nicole's example found here):
"I need to count the number of characters in a text string before a word. For example, lets say the word is "Apple". and the text string is "I plucked an apple from that beautiful tree". In this case the number of characters is 13."
Let say my example is:
"I plucked an apple, from the red apple tree".
The =SEARCH("apple",A2)-1 formula returns the number of characters up to the 1st occurence of the word "apple". Which would be 13.
How to count the number of characters inbetween the 2 occurences of the word "apple" with a script?
Which would be the length of ", from the red"?
Or is it possible to do it by adapting the formula =SEARCH("apple",A2)-1?
Thanks so much for your help and guidance!
